Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hveragerði

My last post (a week late, sorry) is going to be all about the adorable town I stayed in on my trip. Hveragerði isn't at all pronounced like it looks, and I still can't say it properly. It was such a cute town and there were so many neat things to do and see while I was there. 
This is a full-grown Icelandic horse, not a pony! 


These are actually huge lava rocks painted bright colors. Love it! 
















The gingerbread house! Actually it was an entire house devoted to fairy-tale stories. There was a Little Red Riding Hood by the next window, a sleeping Snow White on the other side, and Rapunzel looking down with her long hair. Among many others! 














And I loved the little forest of birdhouses! So cute!
This is my dear Kiddy's Mom's house, where I stayed the whole time I visited. It was so pretty all the time! I loved how different it was from what I'm used to. 
I had a marvelous time the whole trip. The trip was definitely worth making, and I was so sad to go. I loved all the amazing things I saw, and the amazing people I met! I had a great time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment